MALE BREAST REDUCTION
Gynecomastia surgery, or male breast reduction, is the surgical correction of overdeveloped or enlarged breasts in men, reducing breast size, and flattening and enhancing chest contours.
IS MALE BREAST
RIGHT FOR ME?
Gynecomastia is an enlargement or swelling of breast tissue in males affecting one or both breasts. Gynecomastia occurs naturally at different times in a male’s life and is most commonly caused by an imbalance between estrogen and testosterone hormones but can also be caused by heredity, obesity or the use of certain drugs. Gynecomastia can cause emotional discomfort and impair self-confidence.
YOUR MALE BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY
Our plastic surgeons will see you in an initial consultation. The consultation offers you an opportunity to:
- Meet with the surgeon of your choice to ask questions.
- Review your health history and goals with your surgeon to determine if a male breast reduction is right for you.
- Discuss fees/financing and schedule surgery with one of our surgery coordinators
Day of Surgery
Your male breast reduction will be performed in our fully accredited in-office surgical suite or in a same day surgical facility as an outpatient procedure. IV sedation with local anesthesia is normally used.
- You can expect to be in recovery from 1 to 2 hours.
- You may experience temporary discomfort and swelling after your procedure.
FEES AND FINANCING INFORMATION
At your initial consultation, you will have the opportunity to meet with one of our surgery coordinators to discuss fees and payment options. Click here to learn more about financing options available at the Plastic Surgery Group.