Often caused by significant weight loss and aging, the skin along the upper arm will start to sag and create what can be referred to as a ‘batwing.’
IS AN ARM LIFT
RIGHT FOR ME?
Brachioplasty, commonly referred to as an arm lift, is performed for skin that cannot be tightened through diet and exercise and must be surgically removed. An arm lift is designed to remove this excess skin to create a more youthful looking arm.
YOUR ARM LIFT SURGERY
Our plastic surgeons will see you in an initial consultation. The consultation offers you an opportunity to:
- Meet with the surgeon of your choice and ask questions.
- Review your health history and cosmetic goals with your surgeon to determine if arm lift surgery is right for you.
- Discuss fees/financing and schedule surgery with one of our surgery coordinators.
Day of Surgery
- Your arm lift will be performed in our fully accredited in-office surgical suite or in a same day surgical facility as an outpatient procedure.
- A combination of IV sedation and local anesthesia is normally used.
- Typically an arm lift will last around 2 hours.
- You can expect to be in recovery for 1 hour after your surgery.
- After your arm lift, you will experience some swelling, bruising and discomfort.
- All of the sutures used in your surgery will be dissolvable and any drains placed during surgery will be removed 1 week after surgery.
- Many patients return to work one week after their procedure.
- For the first three weeks after your surgery, you should not overextend your arms and avoid strenuous activities.
- Ace wraps or compressive garments are typically worn for 2-4 weeks after surgery to help reduce swelling.
FEES AND FINANCING INFORMATION
At your initial consultation, you will have the opportunity to meet with one of our surgery coordinators to discuss fees and payment options. Click here to learn more about financing options available at the Plastic Surgery Group.