Pregnancy, changes in body weight, and aging can affect the size and shape of your breasts. Many times women find that these changes result in a drooping or sagging breast. Mastopexy, commonly known as a breast lift, is designed to remove excess skin and reposition the breast tissue to restore your breasts for a more youthful appearance.
YOUR BREAST LIFT SURGERY
Our plastic surgeons will see you in an initial consultation. The consultation offers you an opportunity to:
- Meet with the surgeon of your choice to ask questions.
- Review your health history and breast lift goals to determine if a breast lift, or a combination of cosmetic breast surgeries, is right for you.
- Discuss fees/financing and schedule surgery with one of our surgery coordinators.
- Computerized imaging is available for our cosmetic surgical procedures.
Day of Surgery
- Your breast lift will be performed in our fully accredited in-office surgical suite or in a same day surgical facility as an outpatient procedure.
- IV sedation with local anesthesia is normally used.
- A breast lift typically takes approximately 1-2 hours.
- After your breast lift you can expect to be in recovery from 1 to 2 hours.
- You may experience temporary discomfort and swelling after your procedure.
- Women will typically return to work several days after surgery.
- Regular activities may be resumed 4 weeks after surgery.
BREAST LIFT FAQs
Women with asymmetrical post childbirth sag and young women with tubular breast deformities make up the majority of women who require some type of breast lift. In addition, changes in body weight and aging can cause drooping or sagging breasts that can be corrected by a lift.
A commonly held but incorrect belief is that breast implants provide some sort of breast lift. It is much more appropriate to think of breast implants as a source of breast volume. If considerable breast sag is the problem to be corrected, then breast implant placement alone will only produce a larger saggy breast.
Mastopexies can include incisions just around the areola or in the shape of a lollypop or anchor. These scars are well tolerated and difficult to spot; but, more importantly, recreate a natural youthful appearance to the breast.
Our patient representatives are available to answer your questions and assist you with scheduling a consultation or imaging session at 423.756.7134.
FEES AND FINANCING INFORMATION
At your initial consultation, you will have the opportunity to meet with one of our surgery coordinators to discuss fees and payment options. Click here to learn more about financing options available at the Plastic Surgery Group.